Thursday, September 18, 2008
10 Ways To Reduce Global Warming
1) Don’t leave your TV or other electric appliances on standby. Even on standby mode they utilize a small amount of energy.
2) If your washing machine is not full make sure you change its setting to half-load or less if available.
3) Clean your air-conditioner filter as often as possible. This will help in reducing carbon-dioxide in the air.
4) Replace normal light bulbs with fluorescent lights as they utilize less energy. They can save upto 50% of energy.
5) Plant trees. A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon-dioxide over its lifetime. Shade provided by trees can also reduce your air-condition bill by 10 to 15%.
6) Use fresh foods. Frozen food uses 10 times more energy to produce.
7) Drive only when necessary. Other times you can walk, cycle or take public transport. Save fuel save energy.
8) Use products that can be recycled. This way you can cut down on production & energy. Take you lunch in reusable containers instead use & throw ones.
9) Take bath with cold water or warm water whenever possible. Heating water takes too much of energy.
10) Use pressure cooker as much as possible while cooking food. They can save energy upto 70%. At least cook food in close containers.